An assisted living provider is seeking city approval to build a new three-building, 72-bed facility north of Lisbon road near Brown Street and Rosenow Creek.
The Oconomowoc Plan Commission is expected to vote on whether to recommend a conditional use permit for The View at Pine Ridge at its meeting on Wednesday, May 15. The common council will then vote on whether to approve the permit at its meeting on Tuesday, May 20.
The community-based residential facility would be located at the entrance road to the new 25-lot Pine Ridge Estates subdivision also being built in the area. According to correspondence between developers and city planning staff, the construction of the assisted living facility will be dependent on the subdivision being built first, because the center will rely on the subdivision for sewer and water access.
Each building will be 14,620 square feet and will house 20 to 26 beds.
Kimberly Otte-May is a co-owner of The View at Pine Ridge and has 30 years experience in providing assisted living services. She said the facility will specialize in providing services for residents suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease.
“This is not a nursing home, per se,” Otte-May said. “This is something more like a home-living environment.”
She said that based on national demographics, she expects that there will be a need for the center. Her partner on the development, Michael Whittaker, is an Oconomowoc resident whom she described as a “compassionate, giving individual.”
“This is his desire: to bring something like this, of top quality, to the area,” Otte-May said.
Otte-May said she expects the new facilities will bring with it 50 to 75 jobs, including management, direct-care and nursing positions. She said the average base-rate cost with care would be $4,500 a month, but the price may be higher or lower depending on an individual’s need.
Otte-May said developers hope to begin construction on the facility by July or August.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts