A plea and sentencing date has been set for a former Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputy accused in March of misdemeanor theft and obstruction.
Sara L. Massa, 36 of Mukwonago, is expected to enter a plea at a court hearing on Monday, July 14. She is accused of pilfering pain pills from her grandmother’s home in Waukesha and then obstructing state authorities tasked with investigating the theft.
Massa resigned from the sheriff’s department on March 5. Her husband, Chris Massa, was an officer with the Waukesha Police Department until he resigned in late February. He was under investigation at the time for sending sexually suggestive pictures or texts to his wife while on duty.
Sara Massa, currently out on a $1,500 signature bond, could face 18 months in prison and $20,000 in fines if convicted.
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts