A plea and sentencing date has been set for a former Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputy accused in March of misdemeanor theft and obstruction.
Sara L. Massa, 36 of Mukwonago, is expected to enter a plea at a court hearing on Monday, July 14. She is accused of pilfering pain pills from her grandmother’s home in Waukesha and then obstructing state authorities tasked with investigating the theft.
Massa resigned from the sheriff’s department on March 5. Her husband, Chris Massa, was an officer with the Waukesha Police Department until he resigned in late February. He was under investigation at the time for sending sexually suggestive pictures or texts to his wife while on duty.
Sara Massa, currently out on a $1,500 signature bond, could face 18 months in prison and $20,000 in fines if convicted.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts