A plea and sentencing date has been set for a former Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputy accused in March of misdemeanor theft and obstruction.
Sara L. Massa, 36 of Mukwonago, is expected to enter a plea at a court hearing on Monday, July 14. She is accused of pilfering pain pills from her grandmother’s home in Waukesha and then obstructing state authorities tasked with investigating the theft.
Massa resigned from the sheriff’s department on March 5. Her husband, Chris Massa, was an officer with the Waukesha Police Department until he resigned in late February. He was under investigation at the time for sending sexually suggestive pictures or texts to his wife while on duty.
Sara Massa, currently out on a $1,500 signature bond, could face 18 months in prison and $20,000 in fines if convicted.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts