Two local businesses presented plans on Monday, May 19, to expand facilities on Industrial Drive.
The Hartland Plan Commission unanimously approved the site plans for a 57,800-square-foot building expansion proposed at 455 E. Industrial Drive. Contractor Tim Knepprath of MSI General told commissioners that a tenant at the facility, HerbSmith, is a growing business that requires more space for light manufacturing.
According to its website, Herbsmith sells herbal supplements for use by horses, cats and dogs. Founder Chris Bessent also practices holistic veterinary medicine in the southeast region of Wisconsin, according to the website.
Knepprath said the growth could lead to the creation of 25 new jobs.
The addition would add four loading docks and 15 new parking spaces to the facility. The expansion will require approval from the Department of Natural Resources
The facility is currently owned by Eye Communication Systems, according to county tax records, and had an assessed value of $3.95 million in 2013.
Another 19,700-square-foot expansion at 541 S. Industrial Drive was reviewed and approved by the commission. Contractor John Kutz of MSI General said the additional space will be used as an office by Haraeus Electro-Nite Company.
Haraeus Electro-Nite specializes in manufacturing sensors used in molten metal processing, according to the company’s website. The property was assessed at $1.19 million in 2013, according to county tax records.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts