A bomb threat at Park View Middle School in Mukwonago Tuesday created a stir but classes went on as scheduled.
Mukwonago Area School District Superintendent Shawn McNulty explained that last week administration became aware of four incidents of the word “bomb” written on a boys bathroom wall with two of those incidents including a date of “5/20/14”.
The administration, staff and Mukwonago Police department worked in concert to sweep the building Sunday, including a complete inspection of every locker in the building and completed a sweep Monday evening with the Milwaukee County K9 unit, according to McNulty. Both searches came up with no threat. Still, additional police presence was on the PVMS campus Monday and Tuesday as school remained in session with activities continuing as normal.
Parents received updates on the threat on May 17 and May 19 explaining that the school would take additional safety and security measures including extra staffing in the hallways, restroom supervisors, bag searches, and building sweeps. In addition, backpacks will not be permitted in the building and will be held by staff and returned at the end of the day.
McNulty said there is no reason to believe that the threat was credible. Still, he said, a number of parents did chose to keep their children home for the day with an excused absence.
“We will continue to be vigilant about student safety,” McNulty said. “A reward of up to $1000 is being offered to anyone who can help us identify the student or students involved in this extremely disruptive event. “
If you have information you can provide it confidentially by calling Principal Mark Doome at (262) 363-6292, x27500 or the Mukwonago Police Department (262) 363-6435.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts