A bomb threat at Park View Middle School in Mukwonago Tuesday created a stir but classes went on as scheduled.
Mukwonago Area School District Superintendent Shawn McNulty explained that last week administration became aware of four incidents of the word “bomb” written on a boys bathroom wall with two of those incidents including a date of “5/20/14”.
The administration, staff and Mukwonago Police department worked in concert to sweep the building Sunday, including a complete inspection of every locker in the building and completed a sweep Monday evening with the Milwaukee County K9 unit, according to McNulty. Both searches came up with no threat. Still, additional police presence was on the PVMS campus Monday and Tuesday as school remained in session with activities continuing as normal.
Parents received updates on the threat on May 17 and May 19 explaining that the school would take additional safety and security measures including extra staffing in the hallways, restroom supervisors, bag searches, and building sweeps. In addition, backpacks will not be permitted in the building and will be held by staff and returned at the end of the day.
McNulty said there is no reason to believe that the threat was credible. Still, he said, a number of parents did chose to keep their children home for the day with an excused absence.
“We will continue to be vigilant about student safety,” McNulty said. “A reward of up to $1000 is being offered to anyone who can help us identify the student or students involved in this extremely disruptive event. “
If you have information you can provide it confidentially by calling Principal Mark Doome at (262) 363-6292, x27500 or the Mukwonago Police Department (262) 363-6435.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007