Firefighters from the Dousman Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire on May 27 at about 3:30 p.m. The first unit to arrive on the scene at 335000 Bartlett Road observed heavy fire and smoke coming from an unattached two-story, three-car garage, according to Assistant Chief Robert Leonard.
Multiple fire crews responded to attack the fire and prevent it from spreading to the house. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the detached garage. The fire did not extend to the house.
The cause of the fire was determined to be related to the occupant of the garage welding on a go kart and flammable liquid igniting, according to Leonard. The fire spread rapidly and the occupant was unable to extinguish it.
Leonard commended fire crews for "an excellent fire attack and preventing the fire from extending to the primary residence and its contents."
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts