Firefighters from the Dousman Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire on May 27 at about 3:30 p.m. The first unit to arrive on the scene at 335000 Bartlett Road observed heavy fire and smoke coming from an unattached two-story, three-car garage, according to Assistant Chief Robert Leonard.
Multiple fire crews responded to attack the fire and prevent it from spreading to the house. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the detached garage. The fire did not extend to the house.
The cause of the fire was determined to be related to the occupant of the garage welding on a go kart and flammable liquid igniting, according to Leonard. The fire spread rapidly and the occupant was unable to extinguish it.
Leonard commended fire crews for "an excellent fire attack and preventing the fire from extending to the primary residence and its contents."
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts