Firefighters from the Dousman Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire on May 27 at about 3:30 p.m. The first unit to arrive on the scene at 335000 Bartlett Road observed heavy fire and smoke coming from an unattached two-story, three-car garage, according to Assistant Chief Robert Leonard.
Multiple fire crews responded to attack the fire and prevent it from spreading to the house. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the detached garage. The fire did not extend to the house.
The cause of the fire was determined to be related to the occupant of the garage welding on a go kart and flammable liquid igniting, according to Leonard. The fire spread rapidly and the occupant was unable to extinguish it.
Leonard commended fire crews for "an excellent fire attack and preventing the fire from extending to the primary residence and its contents."
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts