Summer is bursting at the seams with food, festivals and fun.
Art lovers will want to head to Olympia Resort & Conference Center of the Lake Country Antiques & Art Show. Hours are 5-9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. The Show features antique and vintage furniture and decorative accessories from dealers across the country. Admission is $8 adults, free for children 15 and under. Call (262) 968-4913 for information. Olympia is located at 1350 Royale Mile Road, Oconomowoc.
Feed your need for something new and unique at the Okauchee Lions Flea Market & Brat Fry from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at Okauchee Lions Park, Wisconsin Ave, Okauchee Lake. Vendors will be selling all types of items will set up in the pavilion and in the park. Lions will be cooking brats, burgers and hot dogs and serving soda, beer and coffee. The 10-acre park is at highways 16 and P (Sawyer Road). For more information call (262) 567-4693.
Sample some new brews at the Charitable Hops Crafted Home Beer Contest starting at 7 p.m. Saturday at Okauchee American Legion Post, N50-W35181 E. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc. Enjoy an evening of tasting more than 20 home crafted brews, live music by the big jazz band Replay and silent auction prizes. Proceeds benefit Family Promise of Western Waukesha County. Suggested donation is $25.
Everyone can take a good ribbing at V’s second Annual Rib Cook off at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Hideaway Bar & Grill, N55-W34659 Road E, Oconomowoc. Cooking starts at 8 a.m. with the judging at 4:30 p.m. Event includes meat raffles, smoker raffle, drink specials and live music by Rock & Roll Joe.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts