Wisconsin summers are so short. Every opportunity we get to get out of the house, we like to take advantage of.
This weekend includes several events that we can enjoy outdoors.
At SummerStage in Delafield, hear JJ Eckl and Alyssia Dominguez for Country Music in the Park starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and students and $5 for youth. SummerStage is location in Lapham Peak Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest, one mile south of I-94 on Highway C in Delafield. Parking is $5, but it’s free with a state park sticker.
Imagination Station is celebrating its fifth anniversary with a whole slate of family activities from 1 to Saturday at Roosevelt Park, 151 W. Jefferson St., Oconomowoc. The event features bouncy houses, face painting, bubbles, soccer drills, story time, and fun food such as sno-cones, kettle corn and other concessions.
Learn fishing basics and then drop a line into a stocked pond from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Nixon Park in Hartland. Have lunch during a raffle and maybe win a brand new rod and reel. Visit www.downtownhartand.com for more information.
There’s plenty to do indoors too including the used book sale at St. Mary’s Episcopal church, 36014 Sunset Drive, Summit from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. The sale includes all types of books, movies, CDs, large children’s section. Call (262) 965-3924 for more information.
American Legion Post 399 Women’s Auxiliary is holding its Annual Rummage Sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Okauchee American Legion Post, N50-W35181 E. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc. The sale includes holiday items, clothing, knickknacks, books, pictures, toys and more. Proceeds support veteran’s and auxiliary activities.
An all-you can-eat fish fry will be held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday at St. Jerome Parish School Cafeteria, 1001 S. Silver Lake St., Oconomowoc. Cost is $9 for adults, $4 for children ages 4-11, children under 4 eat free.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts