Sharon Krieger, 54, of Mukwonago easily remembers the dates surrounding her breast cancer journey; her biopsy, diagnosis and end of radiation therapy all fell on birthdays of her grandchildren in 1999. Krieger, the Mukwonago Relay for Life 2014 honorary survivor, started her cancer journey when she found a lump that she thought might have been an enlarged lymph node from a sinus infection.
Krieger, and her family, including daughter and caregiver Dawn Sharon, celebrate 15 years of surviving cancer during the Mukwonago Relay for Life on June 20 and 21 from 6 p.m. on Friday until noon on Saturday, in Field Park at the corner of Highway 83 and NN in Mukwonago.
Read more about Krieger's journey as a cancer survivor, and Sharon's caregiver story in the June 4 Living Mukwonago Chief.
The Relay for Life of Mukwonago celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. Those interested in participating can make or join a team, or make donations, on the Relay for Life website.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts