While firing up the grill, soaking in some fireworks, or cheering on a water ski team this Memorial Day, take a moment to think about the various wars America has fought and the numerous casualties we have suffered. Regardless of the provocation or politics behind each conflict, we owe our thanks to the service men and women who bear the brunt of decisions made thousands of miles away. To the lost, the injured, and those out on the battlefield today, let us salute them with a raised beer, a steamy brat, and a darned spectacular fireworks show.
Memorial Day activities in Lake Country include:
- Veteran's Festival at Village Park in Pewaukee, 4 to 11 p.m. Friday, noon to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday.
- Ceremony and service hosted by the Genesee VFW Post 5270, 1 p.m. Sunday at the War Memorial at Genesee Town Park.
- A brat fry open to the public at St. John's UCC in Merton, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday.
- Presentations throughout Dousman by the American Legion Post 405 (see the Weekend Happenings blog for details).
- The Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club show, 5:30 p.m. Monday, at Pewaukee Beach.
- Parades: 10 a.m. Monday in Pewaukee, starting at Pewaukee High School; and 10 a.m. Monday in Merton, starting at Fireman's Park.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts