Enriching yourself with outdoor activities, live entertainment and grilled summertime food: Great. Enriching others through charitable work or donations: Even better. Put the two together and what do you get? An unbeatable combination that makes it easy to be awesome. Examples of fun events with a purpose this weekend:
- Enjoy live music from the Erik Kanter Trio, The Red, Black and Blues, Jordan Elder, and the Awakening, during the Concert For Eve, 2:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday, at the Lapham Peak State Park Summer Stage. Proceeds will help fund a wheelchair accessible van for Eve Karcher, a girl with cerebral palsy.
- Double D's Pub & Eatery in Mukwonago is giving away a free brat or hot dog lunch and offering prizes in a raffle, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, to benefit the Mukwonago Food Pantry.
- Bring a nonperishable food item for the Hartland Food Pantry to Out-N-About in Hartland, 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, and enjoy free refreshments, children's activities, local artwork, and a scavenger hunt, throughout downtown Hartland.
- Help young people help others by raising funds for a youth summer servant trip at Galilee Lutheran Church's carnival, barbeque lunch and car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
Check out other events at the Weekend Happenings Blog.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts