Enriching yourself with outdoor activities, live entertainment and grilled summertime food: Great. Enriching others through charitable work or donations: Even better. Put the two together and what do you get? An unbeatable combination that makes it easy to be awesome. Examples of fun events with a purpose this weekend:
- Enjoy live music from the Erik Kanter Trio, The Red, Black and Blues, Jordan Elder, and the Awakening, during the Concert For Eve, 2:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday, at the Lapham Peak State Park Summer Stage. Proceeds will help fund a wheelchair accessible van for Eve Karcher, a girl with cerebral palsy.
- Double D's Pub & Eatery in Mukwonago is giving away a free brat or hot dog lunch and offering prizes in a raffle, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, to benefit the Mukwonago Food Pantry.
- Bring a nonperishable food item for the Hartland Food Pantry to Out-N-About in Hartland, 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, and enjoy free refreshments, children's activities, local artwork, and a scavenger hunt, throughout downtown Hartland.
- Help young people help others by raising funds for a youth summer servant trip at Galilee Lutheran Church's carnival, barbeque lunch and car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
Check out other events at the Weekend Happenings Blog.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts