Enriching yourself with outdoor activities, live entertainment and grilled summertime food: Great. Enriching others through charitable work or donations: Even better. Put the two together and what do you get? An unbeatable combination that makes it easy to be awesome. Examples of fun events with a purpose this weekend:
- Enjoy live music from the Erik Kanter Trio, The Red, Black and Blues, Jordan Elder, and the Awakening, during the Concert For Eve, 2:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday, at the Lapham Peak State Park Summer Stage. Proceeds will help fund a wheelchair accessible van for Eve Karcher, a girl with cerebral palsy.
- Double D's Pub & Eatery in Mukwonago is giving away a free brat or hot dog lunch and offering prizes in a raffle, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, to benefit the Mukwonago Food Pantry.
- Bring a nonperishable food item for the Hartland Food Pantry to Out-N-About in Hartland, 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, and enjoy free refreshments, children's activities, local artwork, and a scavenger hunt, throughout downtown Hartland.
- Help young people help others by raising funds for a youth summer servant trip at Galilee Lutheran Church's carnival, barbeque lunch and car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
Check out other events at the Weekend Happenings Blog.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts