University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel added to her mantle with a state championship Friday in the 1,600 meters while competing at the WIAA track and field year-end meet in LaCrosse.
Seidel, the top seed in both Division 3 distance races, held of a late charge from Carli Kronstedt of Pittsville, who used a strong kick to take the lead from Seidel in the final stretch of the race. Seidel kicked back and won the race in 5:02.52, just shy of the Division 3 state record (5:01.31, set by Heather Murphy of North Crawford in 1991).
Seidel also won the Division 3 state cross country title last fall. She will compete in the 3,200-meter run tomorrow.
Follow state track updates and ruminations at the Preps Alcove.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts