University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel added to her mantle with a state championship Friday in the 1,600 meters while competing at the WIAA track and field year-end meet in LaCrosse.
Seidel, the top seed in both Division 3 distance races, held of a late charge from Carli Kronstedt of Pittsville, who used a strong kick to take the lead from Seidel in the final stretch of the race. Seidel kicked back and won the race in 5:02.52, just shy of the Division 3 state record (5:01.31, set by Heather Murphy of North Crawford in 1991).
Seidel also won the Division 3 state cross country title last fall. She will compete in the 3,200-meter run tomorrow.
Follow state track updates and ruminations at the Preps Alcove.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts