University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel added to her mantle with a state championship Friday in the 1,600 meters while competing at the WIAA track and field year-end meet in LaCrosse.
Seidel, the top seed in both Division 3 distance races, held of a late charge from Carli Kronstedt of Pittsville, who used a strong kick to take the lead from Seidel in the final stretch of the race. Seidel kicked back and won the race in 5:02.52, just shy of the Division 3 state record (5:01.31, set by Heather Murphy of North Crawford in 1991).
Seidel also won the Division 3 state cross country title last fall. She will compete in the 3,200-meter run tomorrow.
Follow state track updates and ruminations at the Preps Alcove.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts