University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel added to her mantle with a state championship Friday in the 1,600 meters while competing at the WIAA track and field year-end meet in LaCrosse.
Seidel, the top seed in both Division 3 distance races, held of a late charge from Carli Kronstedt of Pittsville, who used a strong kick to take the lead from Seidel in the final stretch of the race. Seidel kicked back and won the race in 5:02.52, just shy of the Division 3 state record (5:01.31, set by Heather Murphy of North Crawford in 1991).
Seidel also won the Division 3 state cross country title last fall. She will compete in the 3,200-meter run tomorrow.
Follow state track updates and ruminations at the Preps Alcove.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts