University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel added to her mantle with a state championship Friday in the 1,600 meters while competing at the WIAA track and field year-end meet in LaCrosse.
Seidel, the top seed in both Division 3 distance races, held of a late charge from Carli Kronstedt of Pittsville, who used a strong kick to take the lead from Seidel in the final stretch of the race. Seidel kicked back and won the race in 5:02.52, just shy of the Division 3 state record (5:01.31, set by Heather Murphy of North Crawford in 1991).
Seidel also won the Division 3 state cross country title last fall. She will compete in the 3,200-meter run tomorrow.
Follow state track updates and ruminations at the Preps Alcove.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts