Hamilton girls basketball coach Dan Heckman has chosen to step down from his position after 17 years working within the program in some capacity.
The school sent an official release detailing the situation.
"Earlier in the year, school administrators conducted an investigation prompted by concerns raised by several parents," the release said. "The investigation determined Heckman’s coaching practices to be appropriate. Even though administrators recommended that Heckman remain as head coach, Heckman said the situation has created division and a distraction for the team."
Said Heckman, “This decision has been difficult, but I sincerely believe this is best for the team at this time."
Hamilton principal Candis Mongan offered praise for Heckman.
“I believe he has had a positive impact on many students throughout his coaching career,” Mongan said. “He will be missed by many.”
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts