Hamilton girls basketball coach Dan Heckman has chosen to step down from his position after 17 years working within the program in some capacity.
The school sent an official release detailing the situation.
"Earlier in the year, school administrators conducted an investigation prompted by concerns raised by several parents," the release said. "The investigation determined Heckman’s coaching practices to be appropriate. Even though administrators recommended that Heckman remain as head coach, Heckman said the situation has created division and a distraction for the team."
Said Heckman, “This decision has been difficult, but I sincerely believe this is best for the team at this time."
Hamilton principal Candis Mongan offered praise for Heckman.
“I believe he has had a positive impact on many students throughout his coaching career,” Mongan said. “He will be missed by many.”
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts