Hamilton girls basketball coach Dan Heckman has chosen to step down from his position after 17 years working within the program in some capacity.
The school sent an official release detailing the situation.
"Earlier in the year, school administrators conducted an investigation prompted by concerns raised by several parents," the release said. "The investigation determined Heckman’s coaching practices to be appropriate. Even though administrators recommended that Heckman remain as head coach, Heckman said the situation has created division and a distraction for the team."
Said Heckman, “This decision has been difficult, but I sincerely believe this is best for the team at this time."
Hamilton principal Candis Mongan offered praise for Heckman.
“I believe he has had a positive impact on many students throughout his coaching career,” Mongan said. “He will be missed by many.”
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts