Hamilton girls basketball coach Dan Heckman has chosen to step down from his position after 17 years working within the program in some capacity.
The school sent an official release detailing the situation.
"Earlier in the year, school administrators conducted an investigation prompted by concerns raised by several parents," the release said. "The investigation determined Heckman’s coaching practices to be appropriate. Even though administrators recommended that Heckman remain as head coach, Heckman said the situation has created division and a distraction for the team."
Said Heckman, “This decision has been difficult, but I sincerely believe this is best for the team at this time."
Hamilton principal Candis Mongan offered praise for Heckman.
“I believe he has had a positive impact on many students throughout his coaching career,” Mongan said. “He will be missed by many.”
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts