Hamilton girls basketball coach Dan Heckman has chosen to step down from his position after 17 years working within the program in some capacity.
The school sent an official release detailing the situation.
"Earlier in the year, school administrators conducted an investigation prompted by concerns raised by several parents," the release said. "The investigation determined Heckman’s coaching practices to be appropriate. Even though administrators recommended that Heckman remain as head coach, Heckman said the situation has created division and a distraction for the team."
Said Heckman, “This decision has been difficult, but I sincerely believe this is best for the team at this time."
Hamilton principal Candis Mongan offered praise for Heckman.
“I believe he has had a positive impact on many students throughout his coaching career,” Mongan said. “He will be missed by many.”
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts