The Kettle Moraine soccer team lost a heartbreaker in Beaver Dam on Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 soccer sectional final, ending the Lasers season.
With a berth in the state tournament on the line, the Wolverines defeated KM in double overtime, 2-1. Katie Richter converted a penalty kick in the second extra session to seal the victory.
Meagan Wanecke scored for the Lasers off a corner kick by Melissa Leister in the 31st minute. West was the No. 1 seed in the sectional, and the Lasers were No. 3.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts