The Kettle Moraine soccer team lost a heartbreaker in Beaver Dam on Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 soccer sectional final, ending the Lasers season.
With a berth in the state tournament on the line, the Wolverines defeated KM in double overtime, 2-1. Katie Richter converted a penalty kick in the second extra session to seal the victory.
Meagan Wanecke scored for the Lasers off a corner kick by Melissa Leister in the 31st minute. West was the No. 1 seed in the sectional, and the Lasers were No. 3.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts