The Kettle Moraine soccer team lost a heartbreaker in Beaver Dam on Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 soccer sectional final, ending the Lasers season.
With a berth in the state tournament on the line, the Wolverines defeated KM in double overtime, 2-1. Katie Richter converted a penalty kick in the second extra session to seal the victory.
Meagan Wanecke scored for the Lasers off a corner kick by Melissa Leister in the 31st minute. West was the No. 1 seed in the sectional, and the Lasers were No. 3.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts