Kettle Moraine senior Samantha Berg and University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel won state championships last Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state meet at Memorial Stadium at UW-La Crosse.
Berg won the 300-meter low hurdles for the KM girls team. The UW recruit was timed at 45.30. She also finished second in the 100 high hurdles (14.98).
Seidel became the first Lake Country area track athlete to win two individual events at a state high school track meet. Seidel won the 3,200 with a meet record time of 10:49.98. The day before she won the 1,600 at 5:02.52. That missed setting a record by just over one second.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts