Kettle Moraine senior Samantha Berg and University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel won state championships last Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state meet at Memorial Stadium at UW-La Crosse.
Berg won the 300-meter low hurdles for the KM girls team. The UW recruit was timed at 45.30. She also finished second in the 100 high hurdles (14.98).
Seidel became the first Lake Country area track athlete to win two individual events at a state high school track meet. Seidel won the 3,200 with a meet record time of 10:49.98. The day before she won the 1,600 at 5:02.52. That missed setting a record by just over one second.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts