Kettle Moraine senior Samantha Berg and University Lake School freshman Molly Seidel won state championships last Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state meet at Memorial Stadium at UW-La Crosse.
Berg won the 300-meter low hurdles for the KM girls team. The UW recruit was timed at 45.30. She also finished second in the 100 high hurdles (14.98).
Seidel became the first Lake Country area track athlete to win two individual events at a state high school track meet. Seidel won the 3,200 with a meet record time of 10:49.98. The day before she won the 1,600 at 5:02.52. That missed setting a record by just over one second.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts