Kettle Moraine's varsity boys golf team, ranked No. 2 in the state most of the season, finished in second place Tuesday afternoon at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
Arrowhead won the team title with a 596 total. KM was second at 607. The Lasers finished five strokes ahead of third-place Lake Geneva Badger.
The second-place finish is the best in school history. KM was playing in the state meet for the fifth time.
UW recruit Sam Frank led the Lasers, shooting an even-par score of 144. Frank had rounds of 73-71 and tied for fourth place. The winning score was a 139 by Anthony Aicher of Wausau East. Frank finished third last year and seventh in 2007.
Other KM scores were Nic Johnson at 150 (74-76), Mike Cabush at 153 (76-77), Eric O'Neil at 160 (81-79) and Ryan Franklin at 169 (85-84).
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts