Kettle Moraine's varsity boys golf team, ranked No. 2 in the state most of the season, finished in second place Tuesday afternoon at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
Arrowhead won the team title with a 596 total. KM was second at 607. The Lasers finished five strokes ahead of third-place Lake Geneva Badger.
The second-place finish is the best in school history. KM was playing in the state meet for the fifth time.
UW recruit Sam Frank led the Lasers, shooting an even-par score of 144. Frank had rounds of 73-71 and tied for fourth place. The winning score was a 139 by Anthony Aicher of Wausau East. Frank finished third last year and seventh in 2007.
Other KM scores were Nic Johnson at 150 (74-76), Mike Cabush at 153 (76-77), Eric O'Neil at 160 (81-79) and Ryan Franklin at 169 (85-84).
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts