Kettle Moraine's varsity boys golf team, ranked No. 2 in the state most of the season, finished in second place Tuesday afternoon at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
Arrowhead won the team title with a 596 total. KM was second at 607. The Lasers finished five strokes ahead of third-place Lake Geneva Badger.
The second-place finish is the best in school history. KM was playing in the state meet for the fifth time.
UW recruit Sam Frank led the Lasers, shooting an even-par score of 144. Frank had rounds of 73-71 and tied for fourth place. The winning score was a 139 by Anthony Aicher of Wausau East. Frank finished third last year and seventh in 2007.
Other KM scores were Nic Johnson at 150 (74-76), Mike Cabush at 153 (76-77), Eric O'Neil at 160 (81-79) and Ryan Franklin at 169 (85-84).
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts