Kettle Moraine's varsity boys golf team, ranked No. 2 in the state most of the season, finished in second place Tuesday afternoon at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
Arrowhead won the team title with a 596 total. KM was second at 607. The Lasers finished five strokes ahead of third-place Lake Geneva Badger.
The second-place finish is the best in school history. KM was playing in the state meet for the fifth time.
UW recruit Sam Frank led the Lasers, shooting an even-par score of 144. Frank had rounds of 73-71 and tied for fourth place. The winning score was a 139 by Anthony Aicher of Wausau East. Frank finished third last year and seventh in 2007.
Other KM scores were Nic Johnson at 150 (74-76), Mike Cabush at 153 (76-77), Eric O'Neil at 160 (81-79) and Ryan Franklin at 169 (85-84).
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts