Pewaukee – Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has stepped forward to help three local Brett Favre fans launch a grassroots effort to raise money for the Special Olympics.
Palin has autographed 60 copies the book “Letters To Brett Favre: A Fan Tribute” written by Wisconsin author Thomas Hapka and Favre fans Erick and Adam Rolfson. The fans are sponsoring an online auction through their Web site, letterstobrettfavre.com, featuring the books signed by Palin, as well as additional copies signed by past and present Green Bay Packer players.
The Rolfsons and Hapka will be kicking off their eBay auction fundraiser with a press conference and ribbon cutting ceremony at 4:30 p.m. Monday, June 15, in the main conference room of the Pewaukee Public Library, 210 Main St.
The books will be sold to the highest bidders, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Special Olympics.
Erick Rolfson describes the effort as the continuation of a grassroots movement. “This has become like the butterfly effect, and we’re seeing more people stepping forward to get involved,” Rolfson said. “Other political figures and members of the NFL have already agreed to sign books and help us raise money for this wonderful cause.”
To confirm attendance, call (414) 736-4852 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts