Pewaukee – Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has stepped forward to help three local Brett Favre fans launch a grassroots effort to raise money for the Special Olympics.
Palin has autographed 60 copies the book “Letters To Brett Favre: A Fan Tribute” written by Wisconsin author Thomas Hapka and Favre fans Erick and Adam Rolfson. The fans are sponsoring an online auction through their Web site, letterstobrettfavre.com, featuring the books signed by Palin, as well as additional copies signed by past and present Green Bay Packer players.
The Rolfsons and Hapka will be kicking off their eBay auction fundraiser with a press conference and ribbon cutting ceremony at 4:30 p.m. Monday, June 15, in the main conference room of the Pewaukee Public Library, 210 Main St.
The books will be sold to the highest bidders, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Special Olympics.
Erick Rolfson describes the effort as the continuation of a grassroots movement. “This has become like the butterfly effect, and we’re seeing more people stepping forward to get involved,” Rolfson said. “Other political figures and members of the NFL have already agreed to sign books and help us raise money for this wonderful cause.”
To confirm attendance, call (414) 736-4852 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts