According to the calendar, summer officially begins Sunday, June 21. But according to the smell of brats wafting through the air, the sounds of live music filling the outdoors, and the sight of people dancing, laughing, and smiling in the evening warmth, summer is right here, right now.
Nothing spells summer like a street dance, and Oconomowoc is kicking off the season with live music from Genuine Draft, food, beverages, a beer tent, and a parade, all starting at 5 p.m. Saturday in Fowler Park. Other summer-licious events:
- Enjoy an outdoor showing of the classic "ET" during the Cinema in the Sand series at dusk in Lakefront Park, Pewaukee.
- Experience an old-fashioned game of Base Ball as it was played in the 1860s, 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Old World Wisconsin in Eagle.
- Jerusalem Presbyterian Church in Wales invites the community to its annual chicken barbecue, 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Peruse the wares of over 650 sellers at Maxwell Street Days, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Field Park in Mukwonago.
- Support autism research during the Family Walk/Run and bake sale, 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday at Fowler Park.
For a complete listing of weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings blog on the homepage.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts