City of Oconomowoc- ProHealth Care's Oconomowoc's Memorial Hospital will particpate in the nation's first joint military/civilian disaster drill from 5-9:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 18. The drill, called 'Operation Red Dragon,' is a homeland defense training exercise which will simulate a major chemical decontamination disaster.
The drill will include 30-40 mock victims, dozens of military personnel, decontamination tents, military vehicles and a BIDS (Biological Integrated Detection System) unit. The prupose of the drill is to test coordination and communication between the military and area hospitals and to ensure their ability to respond and continue patient care in a large-scale incident. The exercise will play out at hospitals in seven counties in Southeast Wisconsin, including Waukesha Memorial.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts