City of Oconomowoc- ProHealth Care's Oconomowoc's Memorial Hospital will particpate in the nation's first joint military/civilian disaster drill from 5-9:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 18. The drill, called 'Operation Red Dragon,' is a homeland defense training exercise which will simulate a major chemical decontamination disaster.
The drill will include 30-40 mock victims, dozens of military personnel, decontamination tents, military vehicles and a BIDS (Biological Integrated Detection System) unit. The prupose of the drill is to test coordination and communication between the military and area hospitals and to ensure their ability to respond and continue patient care in a large-scale incident. The exercise will play out at hospitals in seven counties in Southeast Wisconsin, including Waukesha Memorial.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts