Arrowhead's varsity baseball team improved to a school-record 9-0 in Classic 8 Conference play Monday night by whipping visiting Waukesha West, 18-1. The game was called due to the run-rule after five innings.
AHS improved to 12-3 overall and has won 12 of its last 13 games.
Justin Mortensen pitched all five innings, striking out eight, allowing five hits and walking one. Mortensen is 3-0 on the season.
At the plate, the Warhawks exploded for 16 hits, tying its best total of the season. Connor Harmann was 3-for-3 with three RBIs and Ryan Passaglia and Andrew Bauer had three runs batted in each and two hits apiece. Others with two hits were Chris Pendergast, Brian Crook and Jared Kavinsky.
AHS blew the game open by scoring six runs in the first and eight in the second.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts