The Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc. (CAC) is administering the Seniors Farmer's Market Voucher Nutrition Program for Waukesha County. Seniors must be 60 years of age or older (Native Americans 55 years or age or older) and will need to verify that their monthly income is at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty guideline. Vouchers are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to one pack of vouchers per household. The program will provide seniors with $25 worth of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs.
The vouchers are being disbursed at various locations throughout the county including Monday, June 29 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. at the Mukwonago Food Panty; Wednesday, July 1, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Oconomowoc Community Center; Wednesday, July 8 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Sussex Food Pantry and on Wednesday, July 22, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Associated Bank in Dousman.
For more information, please call the CAC office at (920) 262-9667, or the County;s Aging and Disability Resource Center at (262) 548-7848.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts