The Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc. (CAC) is administering the Seniors Farmer's Market Voucher Nutrition Program for Waukesha County. Seniors must be 60 years of age or older (Native Americans 55 years or age or older) and will need to verify that their monthly income is at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty guideline. Vouchers are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to one pack of vouchers per household. The program will provide seniors with $25 worth of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs.
The vouchers are being disbursed at various locations throughout the county including Monday, June 29 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. at the Mukwonago Food Panty; Wednesday, July 1, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Oconomowoc Community Center; Wednesday, July 8 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Sussex Food Pantry and on Wednesday, July 22, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Associated Bank in Dousman.
For more information, please call the CAC office at (920) 262-9667, or the County;s Aging and Disability Resource Center at (262) 548-7848.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts