The Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc. (CAC) is administering the Seniors Farmer's Market Voucher Nutrition Program for Waukesha County. Seniors must be 60 years of age or older (Native Americans 55 years or age or older) and will need to verify that their monthly income is at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty guideline. Vouchers are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to one pack of vouchers per household. The program will provide seniors with $25 worth of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs.
The vouchers are being disbursed at various locations throughout the county including Monday, June 29 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. at the Mukwonago Food Panty; Wednesday, July 1, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Oconomowoc Community Center; Wednesday, July 8 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Sussex Food Pantry and on Wednesday, July 22, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Associated Bank in Dousman.
For more information, please call the CAC office at (920) 262-9667, or the County;s Aging and Disability Resource Center at (262) 548-7848.
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts