Thunderstorms. Humidity. Beach parties. Festivals. No doubt about it, summer is here! There are so many fun activities to choose from this weekend, I'll let them speak for themselves:
- Downtown Delafield will be abuzz with activity during the annual Delafield Block Party, featuring food and beer tents, live music, street dancing, family activities and more, 5 p.m. to midnight Friday and 7 a.m. to midnight Saturday.
- Two area Lion's Clubs are hosting carnival rides, live music, food, and sports tournaments all weekend long: Okauchee Lion's Days in Okauchee Lion's Park, and Mukwonago Lion's Summerfeste at Field Park in Mukwonago.
- Participate in baseball and softball games, enjoy live music, and stuff yourself with summer treats druing the annual Monches Chickenfest, 2:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Monches Recreation Club.
- St. Anskar's Church in Hartland invites the community to a World Tour of Beer, also offering food and non alcoholic beer and beverages, 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Enjoy a performance showcase of singing, dancing and acting during SummerStage of Delafield, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, at Lapham Peak State Park.
- Local artists will display and sell pottery, jewelry, original and wearable art and more throughout downtown Oconomowoc's Sunday Artisan Faire, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Check out more events at the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts