Pewaukee Land O' Lakes pitcher Aaron Sorenson came within two outs of the first no-hitter of the season in the Western Division Sunday afternoon as he rolled past host North Lake on Sunday, 11-0.
Sorenson retired the first 16 batters he faced before losing his perfect game when he walked Chris Sonier in the sixth.
He kept his no-hitter going after retiring one batter in the bottom of the ninth. North Lake catcher Jason Newbauer, batting ninth and hitting just .148 coming into the game, singled to left-center on a low pitch, breaking up the no-hit bid.
Sorenson finished with a one-hitter and had nine strikeouts.
Pewaukee (5-5) scored six runs in the eighth inning and three more in the ninth to pull away from a narrow 2-0 lead.
Mike Grabarczyk had two hits and four RBIs for the winners. Grabarczyk hit a three-run homer in the ninth. Tom Zimmerman and Jim Marlin had three hits each for the Muskies.
Other LOL scores Sunday were Oconomowoc over West Bend 4-2, Menomonee Falls over Hartland 22-4, Monches over Merton 10-0 and Lannon over Sussex 7-1. The Brookfield Bulldogs-Brookfield Blue Sox game was cancelled due to wet grounds.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts