Waukesha – A Village of Pewaukee woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a substance abuse clinic in Waukesha.
Dawn R. Mackey, 45, of 1303 Meadowcreek Dr., was charged June 22 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two felony counts of theft from a business setting.
According to the criminal complaint, Mackey was employed as a billing clerk at Quality Addiction Management (QAM) Clinic in Waukesha and is accused of not depositing customer payments into a bank. Accountants hired by physicians at the clinic an estimated $168,460 was missing since 2005.
Investigators found numerous cash deposits into Mackey’s account many occurring less than one week from a missing QAM deposit, the complaint said.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts