Arrowhead's varsity baseball team got off to a fast start Monday night, scoring seven runs the first two innings before rolling to a title-clinching 10-2 victory over visiting Mukwonago.
The win was the 15th straight for the Warhawks in Classic 8 Conference play without a loss. Mukwonago is in second place with six losses. AHS has six games remaining. AHS is the first team in the 12-year history of the Classic 8 to start the year with 15 striaght wins.
Justin Mortensen pitched six and one-third innings, striking out five and walking five. He is now 5-0 in conference games.
Senior catcher Karl Sprung came up big for the Warhawks. Besides making a great play at the plate, he drove in three runs for the night, getting a two-run single in the first inning and then belting a long solo home run to right in the third.
Leadoff hitter Chris Pendergast had two hits and four RBIs for the winners. Connor Harmann also had two hits.
On defense, Sprung, Matt Mayoras and Josh Henkel all made clutch plays for AHS.
The Warhawks improved to 19-4 on the season.
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007