Arrowhead's varsity baseball team got off to a fast start Monday night, scoring seven runs the first two innings before rolling to a title-clinching 10-2 victory over visiting Mukwonago.
The win was the 15th straight for the Warhawks in Classic 8 Conference play without a loss. Mukwonago is in second place with six losses. AHS has six games remaining. AHS is the first team in the 12-year history of the Classic 8 to start the year with 15 striaght wins.
Justin Mortensen pitched six and one-third innings, striking out five and walking five. He is now 5-0 in conference games.
Senior catcher Karl Sprung came up big for the Warhawks. Besides making a great play at the plate, he drove in three runs for the night, getting a two-run single in the first inning and then belting a long solo home run to right in the third.
Leadoff hitter Chris Pendergast had two hits and four RBIs for the winners. Connor Harmann also had two hits.
On defense, Sprung, Matt Mayoras and Josh Henkel all made clutch plays for AHS.
The Warhawks improved to 19-4 on the season.
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts