Arrowhead's varsity baseball team got off to a fast start Monday night, scoring seven runs the first two innings before rolling to a title-clinching 10-2 victory over visiting Mukwonago.
The win was the 15th straight for the Warhawks in Classic 8 Conference play without a loss. Mukwonago is in second place with six losses. AHS has six games remaining. AHS is the first team in the 12-year history of the Classic 8 to start the year with 15 striaght wins.
Justin Mortensen pitched six and one-third innings, striking out five and walking five. He is now 5-0 in conference games.
Senior catcher Karl Sprung came up big for the Warhawks. Besides making a great play at the plate, he drove in three runs for the night, getting a two-run single in the first inning and then belting a long solo home run to right in the third.
Leadoff hitter Chris Pendergast had two hits and four RBIs for the winners. Connor Harmann also had two hits.
On defense, Sprung, Matt Mayoras and Josh Henkel all made clutch plays for AHS.
The Warhawks improved to 19-4 on the season.
- ACT scores up for area schools (0)
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007