Arrowhead's varsity baseball team got off to a fast start Monday night, scoring seven runs the first two innings before rolling to a title-clinching 10-2 victory over visiting Mukwonago.
The win was the 15th straight for the Warhawks in Classic 8 Conference play without a loss. Mukwonago is in second place with six losses. AHS has six games remaining. AHS is the first team in the 12-year history of the Classic 8 to start the year with 15 striaght wins.
Justin Mortensen pitched six and one-third innings, striking out five and walking five. He is now 5-0 in conference games.
Senior catcher Karl Sprung came up big for the Warhawks. Besides making a great play at the plate, he drove in three runs for the night, getting a two-run single in the first inning and then belting a long solo home run to right in the third.
Leadoff hitter Chris Pendergast had two hits and four RBIs for the winners. Connor Harmann also had two hits.
On defense, Sprung, Matt Mayoras and Josh Henkel all made clutch plays for AHS.
The Warhawks improved to 19-4 on the season.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts