Waukesha – Chad Lurvey, charged with the murder of two men in 2002 is now free after posting $500,000 bail Tuesday.
Lurvey’s bail was reduced Aug. 25 by Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge J. mac Davis from $1.5 million to $500,000.
Lurvey, 35, is accused of killing Brian Lazzaro and Andrew Long, both 25, and formerly of Town of Mukwonago in August 2002.
The two men were found in a pond on Lurvey’s property off Highway. 67 in the Town of Ottawa. The men were found shot and cut and wrapped in chains and blankets. The men were last seen alive talking to Lurvey on Aug. 24, 2002, prosecutors said.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts