Waukesha – Chad Lurvey, charged with the murder of two men in 2002 is now free after posting $500,000 bail Tuesday.
Lurvey’s bail was reduced Aug. 25 by Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge J. mac Davis from $1.5 million to $500,000.
Lurvey, 35, is accused of killing Brian Lazzaro and Andrew Long, both 25, and formerly of Town of Mukwonago in August 2002.
The two men were found in a pond on Lurvey’s property off Highway. 67 in the Town of Ottawa. The men were found shot and cut and wrapped in chains and blankets. The men were last seen alive talking to Lurvey on Aug. 24, 2002, prosecutors said.
- Hearing postponed in Rural Home Cemetery case (0)
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts