Waukesha – Chad Lurvey, charged with the murder of two men in 2002 is now free after posting $500,000 bail Tuesday.
Lurvey’s bail was reduced Aug. 25 by Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge J. mac Davis from $1.5 million to $500,000.
Lurvey, 35, is accused of killing Brian Lazzaro and Andrew Long, both 25, and formerly of Town of Mukwonago in August 2002.
The two men were found in a pond on Lurvey’s property off Highway. 67 in the Town of Ottawa. The men were found shot and cut and wrapped in chains and blankets. The men were last seen alive talking to Lurvey on Aug. 24, 2002, prosecutors said.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts