It's the first week of school--a transitory time between summer and fall that also means slim pickings when it comes to weekend events. My inbox is already chock full of events for the following weekend, which officially kicks of the autumn activity season. But today, I can only offer these few options to fill your weekend with fun:
- Celebrate Celtic culture at the Wisconsin Highland Games this weekend, Friday through Sunday, at the Waukesha Expo Center.
- Take your chances with a lively game of Saturday Night Bingo at Queen of Apostles Catholic School in Pewaukee, 7 and 8 p.m. sessions on Saturday.
- Help support the YMCA Strong Kids programs with a Half Marathon and 5K around La La Belle, 7 a.m. Saturday, starting and ending at Crosspoint Community Church.
- SummerStage of Delafield presents "A Bit O' The Irish" one-act plays at Lapham Peak, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For the rest of the weekend activities available, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts