It's the first week of school--a transitory time between summer and fall that also means slim pickings when it comes to weekend events. My inbox is already chock full of events for the following weekend, which officially kicks of the autumn activity season. But today, I can only offer these few options to fill your weekend with fun:
- Celebrate Celtic culture at the Wisconsin Highland Games this weekend, Friday through Sunday, at the Waukesha Expo Center.
- Take your chances with a lively game of Saturday Night Bingo at Queen of Apostles Catholic School in Pewaukee, 7 and 8 p.m. sessions on Saturday.
- Help support the YMCA Strong Kids programs with a Half Marathon and 5K around La La Belle, 7 a.m. Saturday, starting and ending at Crosspoint Community Church.
- SummerStage of Delafield presents "A Bit O' The Irish" one-act plays at Lapham Peak, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For the rest of the weekend activities available, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts