Kettle Moraine's varsity football team celebrated its first game on its new synthetic turf field Friday night by defeating neighboring Oconomowoc in a nonconference game, 17-7. The win evened the KM mark at 1-1 and Oconomowoc fell to 0-2.
KM led 14-0 at halftime as Kyle Kita tossed a 50-yard touchdown pass to Dylan Rogers for the first score and Kita scored on a 1-yard run late in the second period. Everett Scott kicked two extra points.
Cooney scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the second half when quarterback Garrett Stocke hit receiver Paul Williams on a short pass that the elusive Williams turned into a score, cutting their deficit to 14-7.
The final points of the game came early in the fourth quarter when Scott kicked a 46-yard field goal.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts