Kettle Moraine's varsity football team celebrated its first game on its new synthetic turf field Friday night by defeating neighboring Oconomowoc in a nonconference game, 17-7. The win evened the KM mark at 1-1 and Oconomowoc fell to 0-2.
KM led 14-0 at halftime as Kyle Kita tossed a 50-yard touchdown pass to Dylan Rogers for the first score and Kita scored on a 1-yard run late in the second period. Everett Scott kicked two extra points.
Cooney scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the second half when quarterback Garrett Stocke hit receiver Paul Williams on a short pass that the elusive Williams turned into a score, cutting their deficit to 14-7.
The final points of the game came early in the fourth quarter when Scott kicked a 46-yard field goal.
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- Former Olympian to discuss college field hockey at University Lake School (0)
- Big Bend man accused of child sex assault, claims he was sleepwalking (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts