Kettle Moraine's varsity football team celebrated its first game on its new synthetic turf field Friday night by defeating neighboring Oconomowoc in a nonconference game, 17-7. The win evened the KM mark at 1-1 and Oconomowoc fell to 0-2.
KM led 14-0 at halftime as Kyle Kita tossed a 50-yard touchdown pass to Dylan Rogers for the first score and Kita scored on a 1-yard run late in the second period. Everett Scott kicked two extra points.
Cooney scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the second half when quarterback Garrett Stocke hit receiver Paul Williams on a short pass that the elusive Williams turned into a score, cutting their deficit to 14-7.
The final points of the game came early in the fourth quarter when Scott kicked a 46-yard field goal.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts