Kettle Moraine's varsity football team celebrated its first game on its new synthetic turf field Friday night by defeating neighboring Oconomowoc in a nonconference game, 17-7. The win evened the KM mark at 1-1 and Oconomowoc fell to 0-2.
KM led 14-0 at halftime as Kyle Kita tossed a 50-yard touchdown pass to Dylan Rogers for the first score and Kita scored on a 1-yard run late in the second period. Everett Scott kicked two extra points.
Cooney scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the second half when quarterback Garrett Stocke hit receiver Paul Williams on a short pass that the elusive Williams turned into a score, cutting their deficit to 14-7.
The final points of the game came early in the fourth quarter when Scott kicked a 46-yard field goal.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts