Kettle Moraine's varsity football team celebrated its first game on its new synthetic turf field Friday night by defeating neighboring Oconomowoc in a nonconference game, 17-7. The win evened the KM mark at 1-1 and Oconomowoc fell to 0-2.
KM led 14-0 at halftime as Kyle Kita tossed a 50-yard touchdown pass to Dylan Rogers for the first score and Kita scored on a 1-yard run late in the second period. Everett Scott kicked two extra points.
Cooney scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the second half when quarterback Garrett Stocke hit receiver Paul Williams on a short pass that the elusive Williams turned into a score, cutting their deficit to 14-7.
The final points of the game came early in the fourth quarter when Scott kicked a 46-yard field goal.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts