City of Oconomowoc – Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 635, will hold its 17th annual POW / MIA Vigil beginning with a silent march from Mueller Square at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11 to Memorial Park on North Lake Road, where at 7 p.m., opening ceremonies will begin.
The silent march will include a massing of color guards, followed by family and friends wearing placards with the names of Wisconsin’s missing.
Anyone wanting to join the march to honor and remember the missing is welcome to do so.
A traditional reading of the names and lighting of candles will take place for each serviceman in Wisconsin listed as a POW or MIA during the Vietnam War.
The vigil runs for 24 hours until the 7 p.m. closing ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Chapter 635 will also be recognizing all those who were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, with a special ceremony to mark the eighth anniversary.
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007