City of Oconomowoc – Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 635, will hold its 17th annual POW / MIA Vigil beginning with a silent march from Mueller Square at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11 to Memorial Park on North Lake Road, where at 7 p.m., opening ceremonies will begin.
The silent march will include a massing of color guards, followed by family and friends wearing placards with the names of Wisconsin’s missing.
Anyone wanting to join the march to honor and remember the missing is welcome to do so.
A traditional reading of the names and lighting of candles will take place for each serviceman in Wisconsin listed as a POW or MIA during the Vietnam War.
The vigil runs for 24 hours until the 7 p.m. closing ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Chapter 635 will also be recognizing all those who were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, with a special ceremony to mark the eighth anniversary.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007