City of Oconomowoc – Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 635, will hold its 17th annual POW / MIA Vigil beginning with a silent march from Mueller Square at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11 to Memorial Park on North Lake Road, where at 7 p.m., opening ceremonies will begin.
The silent march will include a massing of color guards, followed by family and friends wearing placards with the names of Wisconsin’s missing.
Anyone wanting to join the march to honor and remember the missing is welcome to do so.
A traditional reading of the names and lighting of candles will take place for each serviceman in Wisconsin listed as a POW or MIA during the Vietnam War.
The vigil runs for 24 hours until the 7 p.m. closing ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Chapter 635 will also be recognizing all those who were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, with a special ceremony to mark the eighth anniversary.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts