City of Oconomowoc – Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 635, will hold its 17th annual POW / MIA Vigil beginning with a silent march from Mueller Square at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11 to Memorial Park on North Lake Road, where at 7 p.m., opening ceremonies will begin.
The silent march will include a massing of color guards, followed by family and friends wearing placards with the names of Wisconsin’s missing.
Anyone wanting to join the march to honor and remember the missing is welcome to do so.
A traditional reading of the names and lighting of candles will take place for each serviceman in Wisconsin listed as a POW or MIA during the Vietnam War.
The vigil runs for 24 hours until the 7 p.m. closing ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Chapter 635 will also be recognizing all those who were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, with a special ceremony to mark the eighth anniversary.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts