Town of Lisbon resident and host of the "Stan and CV In the Morning" show on B933 FM, Carol Gortmaker, will now also be heard in the movies.
Gortmaker and her radio co-host, Stan, were cast as TV news reporters in the movie, "New Day" which was filmed and produced locally in the Milwaukee area.
"Our parts play the voice of two people doing a news cast right after 9/11," said Gortmaker.
The movie is about a Robert Logan, whose wife, Alison, was aboard American Airlines Flight 77. Robert watched in terror as his wife's hijacked plan crashes into the Pentagon on Sept. 11. However, years later, he comes to find out a brain damaged patient at a secure hospital bears a striking resemblance to Alison.
Gortmaker said she enjoyed taking a stab at acting and the "news biz" and is excited for the movie's premiere at the Milwaukee Art Museum on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Tickets are still availble for the premiere at the art museum and an after party at Mo's Irish Pub. For more information, visit newdaythemovie.com
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts