Town of Lisbon resident and host of the "Stan and CV In the Morning" show on B933 FM, Carol Gortmaker, will now also be heard in the movies.
Gortmaker and her radio co-host, Stan, were cast as TV news reporters in the movie, "New Day" which was filmed and produced locally in the Milwaukee area.
"Our parts play the voice of two people doing a news cast right after 9/11," said Gortmaker.
The movie is about a Robert Logan, whose wife, Alison, was aboard American Airlines Flight 77. Robert watched in terror as his wife's hijacked plan crashes into the Pentagon on Sept. 11. However, years later, he comes to find out a brain damaged patient at a secure hospital bears a striking resemblance to Alison.
Gortmaker said she enjoyed taking a stab at acting and the "news biz" and is excited for the movie's premiere at the Milwaukee Art Museum on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Tickets are still availble for the premiere at the art museum and an after party at Mo's Irish Pub. For more information, visit newdaythemovie.com
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts