Arrowhead's varsity boys cross country team finished second in its own AHS Invitational Thursday afternoon as many of the best teams in the state took part.
Waukesha West won the team championship with 78 points. Hot on their heels were the Warhawks with 85 points. Rounding out the top five were Shorewood with 87, Germantown 101 and Milwaukee King 132.
Peter Drews of Shorewood won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:11.
Arrowhead was led by sophomore Russ Sandvold in second at 16:15. Other AHS runners were Tyler Zeman in 13th at 16:19, Nick Linnan 21st at 17:11, Brad Lewin 23rd at 17:19 and Will Conley 26th at 17:30.
Oconomowoc was led by Matt Brooks and Tyler Yost who palced 36th and 38th respectively with times of 17:46 and 17:51. A total of 97 runners took part.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts