It's almost fitting that St. John's Northwest Military Academy's 125th anniversary falls today, Sept. 11, on the anniversary of one of America's most important and unforgettable moments. In honor of both, the academy is hosting two days of events, including these highlights:
- Hartland Community Band concert: 7 to 8 p.m. Friday.
- Parade through downtown Delafield: 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday
- Picnic: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Football game against Heritage Christian: 2 p.m. Saturday.
For more information and a full list of activities, check out the Kettle Moraine Index page on Living Lake Country.
On a lighter note, check out these weekend activities:
- Meet the Wales Genesee firefighters at their fundraiser at Wales Quick Lube, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Help support cystic fibrosis research at the Tent Event fundraiser at Palmer's Steakhouse in Hartland, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Get your fill at the Chicken Dinner & Pie Auction at Stone Bank Community Park, 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Check out the "Autumn Skies" during a program at the Harken Observatory in Pewaukee, 7 p.m. Saturday.
For other events, go to the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts