Oconomowoc Area Schools- A preliminary head count of students estimates that enrollment in the Oconomowoc Area School District will jump between 80-90 students this year.
A projection made for budget purposes had earlier estimated a growth of 40 students.
"We had to be cautious for financial purposes, because revenue in the school district is tied to enrollment," explained Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Mike Barry.
Barry said that while exact numbers are not yet known, the two grade levels with the biggest growth are kindergarten and first grade.
"That's what you see with a growing school district," he added.
The state requires school districts to do an exact count on the third Friday of September, which will occur Sept. 18. A full report will follow.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007