Oconomowoc Area Schools- A preliminary head count of students estimates that enrollment in the Oconomowoc Area School District will jump between 80-90 students this year.
A projection made for budget purposes had earlier estimated a growth of 40 students.
"We had to be cautious for financial purposes, because revenue in the school district is tied to enrollment," explained Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Mike Barry.
Barry said that while exact numbers are not yet known, the two grade levels with the biggest growth are kindergarten and first grade.
"That's what you see with a growing school district," he added.
The state requires school districts to do an exact count on the third Friday of September, which will occur Sept. 18. A full report will follow.
- Hearing postponed in Rural Home Cemetery case (0)
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts