Oconomowoc Area Schools- A preliminary head count of students estimates that enrollment in the Oconomowoc Area School District will jump between 80-90 students this year.
A projection made for budget purposes had earlier estimated a growth of 40 students.
"We had to be cautious for financial purposes, because revenue in the school district is tied to enrollment," explained Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Mike Barry.
Barry said that while exact numbers are not yet known, the two grade levels with the biggest growth are kindergarten and first grade.
"That's what you see with a growing school district," he added.
The state requires school districts to do an exact count on the third Friday of September, which will occur Sept. 18. A full report will follow.
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007