Oconomowoc Area Schools- A preliminary head count of students estimates that enrollment in the Oconomowoc Area School District will jump between 80-90 students this year.
A projection made for budget purposes had earlier estimated a growth of 40 students.
"We had to be cautious for financial purposes, because revenue in the school district is tied to enrollment," explained Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Mike Barry.
Barry said that while exact numbers are not yet known, the two grade levels with the biggest growth are kindergarten and first grade.
"That's what you see with a growing school district," he added.
The state requires school districts to do an exact count on the third Friday of September, which will occur Sept. 18. A full report will follow.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts