Oconomowoc Area Schools- A preliminary head count of students estimates that enrollment in the Oconomowoc Area School District will jump between 80-90 students this year.
A projection made for budget purposes had earlier estimated a growth of 40 students.
"We had to be cautious for financial purposes, because revenue in the school district is tied to enrollment," explained Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Mike Barry.
Barry said that while exact numbers are not yet known, the two grade levels with the biggest growth are kindergarten and first grade.
"That's what you see with a growing school district," he added.
The state requires school districts to do an exact count on the third Friday of September, which will occur Sept. 18. A full report will follow.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts