Waukesha – A 29-year-old Town of Mukwonago man was accused this afternoon with the murder of a 21-year-old woman Sept. 5.
David A. Wapp of W308 S10521 Green Hill Ct., was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree intentional homicide for the death of Samantha L. Peterson, 21 of Waukesha.
Peterson was found late Sept. 5 in the back seat of a car parked at S. West Avenue and Wood Street in Waukesha. Peterson was found with multiple stab wounds. Officers went to the area after receiving a 911 call from a resident in the area at about 11 p.m., according to Waukesha police.
Police said Wapp had a previous relationship with Peterson, who attended the University of Whitewater as a freshmen but then transferred to UW-Waukesha where she graduated in June.
Wapp had been released from prison less than a week prior to the incident. According to court records, Wapp has a lengthy criminal history that includes battery, carrying a concealed weapon and child abuse.
Wapp was arrested the following day in Milwaukee.
He is being held in Waukesha County jail on $1 million bail and is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Sept. 23.
- Fatal crash in Town of Mukwonago Tuesday evening (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts