Waukesha – A 29-year-old Town of Mukwonago man was accused this afternoon with the murder of a 21-year-old woman Sept. 5.
David A. Wapp of W308 S10521 Green Hill Ct., was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree intentional homicide for the death of Samantha L. Peterson, 21 of Waukesha.
Peterson was found late Sept. 5 in the back seat of a car parked at S. West Avenue and Wood Street in Waukesha. Peterson was found with multiple stab wounds. Officers went to the area after receiving a 911 call from a resident in the area at about 11 p.m., according to Waukesha police.
Police said Wapp had a previous relationship with Peterson, who attended the University of Whitewater as a freshmen but then transferred to UW-Waukesha where she graduated in June.
Wapp had been released from prison less than a week prior to the incident. According to court records, Wapp has a lengthy criminal history that includes battery, carrying a concealed weapon and child abuse.
Wapp was arrested the following day in Milwaukee.
He is being held in Waukesha County jail on $1 million bail and is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing Sept. 23.
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts