City of Oconomowoc- The Oconomowoc Fire Department was dispatched at 4:18 p.m. yesterday to a reported structure fire at a multi-family residence at 703 South Silver Lake Street in the City of Oconomowoc.
Upon arrival, heavy smoke and fire was showing from the rear second story of the wood frame structure. All occupants were out of the house when firefighters responded to the scene.
An exterior knockdown of the visible fire was rapidly made, followed by extensive work inside the attic above the second floor where the fire had extended. The remaining fire in the attic was quickly brought under control and extinguished. There were no injuries to the occupants or emergency personnel.
The porch where the fire originated was heavily damaged and its contents destroyed. There was heavy smoke and some fire damage in the kitchen adjacent to the porch and in the attic and smoke and water damage throughout the remainder of the building. A monetary damage estimate is not available at this time. Red Cross was also on scene to assist the two displaced families.
Fire departments from Okauchee and Summit and members of the Western Waukesha County Rapid intervention Team assisted at the scene. Units from Lake Country and Dousman Fire Departments provided standby coverage at the Oconomowoc Fire station during the call.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation but appears to be accidental. No further details are available at this time.
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts