City of Oconomowoc- The Oconomowoc Fire Department was dispatched at 4:18 p.m. yesterday to a reported structure fire at a multi-family residence at 703 South Silver Lake Street in the City of Oconomowoc.
Upon arrival, heavy smoke and fire was showing from the rear second story of the wood frame structure. All occupants were out of the house when firefighters responded to the scene.
An exterior knockdown of the visible fire was rapidly made, followed by extensive work inside the attic above the second floor where the fire had extended. The remaining fire in the attic was quickly brought under control and extinguished. There were no injuries to the occupants or emergency personnel.
The porch where the fire originated was heavily damaged and its contents destroyed. There was heavy smoke and some fire damage in the kitchen adjacent to the porch and in the attic and smoke and water damage throughout the remainder of the building. A monetary damage estimate is not available at this time. Red Cross was also on scene to assist the two displaced families.
Fire departments from Okauchee and Summit and members of the Western Waukesha County Rapid intervention Team assisted at the scene. Units from Lake Country and Dousman Fire Departments provided standby coverage at the Oconomowoc Fire station during the call.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation but appears to be accidental. No further details are available at this time.
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter (0)
- Chamber boat ride tomorrow (0)
- Mukwonago woman accused of reckless homicide for connection to overdose death (0)
- 'New to OHS' Open House set for Aug. 26 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts