A former volunteer fire department's leftover funds have stretched to help the Oconomowoc Volunteer Fire Department after it was recently scammed out of $3,000 it raised to purchase an ATV.
At 2 p.m. Friday, Tim Scherer, a representative from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, graciously handed over a check to volunteer firefighter Mike Gartze for $11,075 to go toward the purchase of a brand new Polaris Ranger.
Scherer, who once served on the New Berlin Volunteer Fire Department, caught wind of Oconomowoc's misfortune through the local media. He decided that money from the unique fund - that was created after the New Berlin went to a municipal department - would be greatly used by the Oconomowoc volunteers.
The ATV will aid the Oconomowoc Volunteer Department throughout the seasons to serve the community in a multitude of ways Gartze said. He said the Oconomowoc Volunteer Fire Department can't thank the Greater Milwaukee Foundation enough for its support.
Oconomowoc Volunteer Firefighter Mike Gartzke, (left) receives a check for $11,075 from Tim Scherer of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation Friday, Sept. 18 at the Oconomwooc Fire Department. The money will be used to purchase a new ATV for use by the volunteer fire department.
More on this story in the Tuesday Living Oconomowoc Focus.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts