It's official: the first showings of bright orange, vibrant red and warm yellow leaves are peeking through the green, which means fall is finally here (now if someone would just inform the thermometer...)
But just because we can't quite break out the sweaters and scarves doesn't mean we can't enjoy the seasonal events the are piling up as fall rolls along. Check out these harvesty offerings:
- Discover Harvest Hollow, Goblin's Glen, the Pumpkin Patch and the Monster Mash, all at Mukwonago's annual Fall Fest, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday throughout the Mukwonago area.
- Enjoy live music, a parade, a pie contest and much more at the North Prairie Harvest Festival, Friday through Sunday at Veteran's Park.
- North Lake is also hosting a Harvest Festival featuring duck races, inflatables, a rummage sale and more, Saturday at North Lake Fireman's Park.
- Not to sound too redundant with the "harvest festival," but the Retzer Nature Center is hosting its annual Apple Harvest Festival on Saturday, featuring hay rides, orchard tours and a host of other seasonal activities.
But if the smell of hay and pumpkins and autumn candles aren't your thing, do something good for the community and check out these fundraising events:
- Flight for LIfe will host an open house and blood drive at their hangar at the Waukesha County Airport, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Support AngelsGrace Hospice during their "On Angels Wings" dinner and auction, 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake.
- If you're a fan of water skiing, water ski shows, Pewaukee Lake, or all three, join the ski club for their dinner and auction fundraiser at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
For many more autumn-themed festivals and other random weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts