It's official: the first showings of bright orange, vibrant red and warm yellow leaves are peeking through the green, which means fall is finally here (now if someone would just inform the thermometer...)
But just because we can't quite break out the sweaters and scarves doesn't mean we can't enjoy the seasonal events the are piling up as fall rolls along. Check out these harvesty offerings:
- Discover Harvest Hollow, Goblin's Glen, the Pumpkin Patch and the Monster Mash, all at Mukwonago's annual Fall Fest, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday throughout the Mukwonago area.
- Enjoy live music, a parade, a pie contest and much more at the North Prairie Harvest Festival, Friday through Sunday at Veteran's Park.
- North Lake is also hosting a Harvest Festival featuring duck races, inflatables, a rummage sale and more, Saturday at North Lake Fireman's Park.
- Not to sound too redundant with the "harvest festival," but the Retzer Nature Center is hosting its annual Apple Harvest Festival on Saturday, featuring hay rides, orchard tours and a host of other seasonal activities.
But if the smell of hay and pumpkins and autumn candles aren't your thing, do something good for the community and check out these fundraising events:
- Flight for LIfe will host an open house and blood drive at their hangar at the Waukesha County Airport, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Support AngelsGrace Hospice during their "On Angels Wings" dinner and auction, 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake.
- If you're a fan of water skiing, water ski shows, Pewaukee Lake, or all three, join the ski club for their dinner and auction fundraiser at the Pewaukee Yacht Club, 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
For many more autumn-themed festivals and other random weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Bank owned structures called dangerous (0)
- Delafield may dump "up the drive" waste collection (0)
- Delafield invites Obama (0)
- ACT scores up for area schools (0)
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007