Thanks to a 10-yard plunge by senior quarterback Ryan Young in overtime, host Waukesha West Wolverines stunned No. 2 ranked Arrowhead last Friday night 12-6 in the second Classic 8 Conference game of the season.
The two teams went to overtime when Arrowhead kicker Drew Meyer, who was just 1 of 5 in previous field goal tries this season, nailed a 33-yarder with 1 second remaining in regulation.
Young scored the first West TD with 4:41 to go in the fourth quarter on another 1-yard. That score was set up by a fumble recovery by David Anderson at the goal line
The only other AHS points came on a 21-yard field goal by Meyer in the second period.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts