Led by a strong performance by sophomore quarteback Kyle Kita, the Kettle Moraine varsity football team defeated visting Waukesha North Friday night in a Classic 8 Conference game, 21-15. Both teams are now 2-2 overall and 1-1 in league play.
Kita ran for touchdowns of 67 and 46 yards and passed for a third, connecting on a 9-yard scoring strike to junior Will Orne. Everett Scott kicked all three extra points.
North got touchdowns from Steve Peterson as he caught scoring strikes from quarteback Chris Aho that covered 30 and 80 yards.
Kita finished with 113 yards on just 14 carries. Senior tight end Sam Campbell also played well for the KM offense, both receiving and blocking.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts