Led by a strong performance by sophomore quarteback Kyle Kita, the Kettle Moraine varsity football team defeated visting Waukesha North Friday night in a Classic 8 Conference game, 21-15. Both teams are now 2-2 overall and 1-1 in league play.
Kita ran for touchdowns of 67 and 46 yards and passed for a third, connecting on a 9-yard scoring strike to junior Will Orne. Everett Scott kicked all three extra points.
North got touchdowns from Steve Peterson as he caught scoring strikes from quarteback Chris Aho that covered 30 and 80 yards.
Kita finished with 113 yards on just 14 carries. Senior tight end Sam Campbell also played well for the KM offense, both receiving and blocking.
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts