Led by a strong performance by sophomore quarteback Kyle Kita, the Kettle Moraine varsity football team defeated visting Waukesha North Friday night in a Classic 8 Conference game, 21-15. Both teams are now 2-2 overall and 1-1 in league play.
Kita ran for touchdowns of 67 and 46 yards and passed for a third, connecting on a 9-yard scoring strike to junior Will Orne. Everett Scott kicked all three extra points.
North got touchdowns from Steve Peterson as he caught scoring strikes from quarteback Chris Aho that covered 30 and 80 yards.
Kita finished with 113 yards on just 14 carries. Senior tight end Sam Campbell also played well for the KM offense, both receiving and blocking.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts