Waukesha – A judge ruled today that the case filed by Steven and Patricia Williams against the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding the McMiller Sports Center in Eagle should be heard in Dane County.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Donald J. Hassin made the ruling as Steven and Patricia Williams sought an injunction to prevent the transfer of ownership from them to Dan and Lloyd Marks, owners of the Milford Hills Hunt Club in Jefferson County.
According to Hassin, the only defendant names in the suit is the State of Wisconsin and since the other parties named in the suit have not yet been served, the case should be transferred to Dane County.
McMiller is the only shooting range open to the public in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Ozaukee and Washington counties.
For more information on this case, check out this Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts