Waukesha – A judge ruled today that the case filed by Steven and Patricia Williams against the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding the McMiller Sports Center in Eagle should be heard in Dane County.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Donald J. Hassin made the ruling as Steven and Patricia Williams sought an injunction to prevent the transfer of ownership from them to Dan and Lloyd Marks, owners of the Milford Hills Hunt Club in Jefferson County.
According to Hassin, the only defendant names in the suit is the State of Wisconsin and since the other parties named in the suit have not yet been served, the case should be transferred to Dane County.
McMiller is the only shooting range open to the public in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Ozaukee and Washington counties.
For more information on this case, check out this Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts