Waukesha – A judge ruled today that the case filed by Steven and Patricia Williams against the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding the McMiller Sports Center in Eagle should be heard in Dane County.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Donald J. Hassin made the ruling as Steven and Patricia Williams sought an injunction to prevent the transfer of ownership from them to Dan and Lloyd Marks, owners of the Milford Hills Hunt Club in Jefferson County.
According to Hassin, the only defendant names in the suit is the State of Wisconsin and since the other parties named in the suit have not yet been served, the case should be transferred to Dane County.
McMiller is the only shooting range open to the public in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Ozaukee and Washington counties.
For more information on this case, check out this Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts