Officials confirmed today that last night's fire on Craig Avenue destroyed a storage garage at Country View Campground in the Town of Vernon.
The Big Bend/Vernon, Mukwonago, Tess Corners, Town of Waukesha and Tichigan fire departments responded to a call from the owner of the campground around 8 p.m. last night.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department Arson Investigation Team also responded.
Chief Phil Buchholtz with the BBVFD said that due to the amount of damage that occurred, the cause of the fire is undetermined. He said they initially thought there was a possibility that one of the vehicles stored in the garage could have started the fire, but that with the amount of damage, it was next to impossible to determine whether that was the case.
Multiple vehicles and sports vehicles were stored in the 40-by-60-foot garage, which was a total loss. The estimated damage is somewhere in between $250,000 and $300,000.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts