Officials confirmed today that last night's fire on Craig Avenue destroyed a storage garage at Country View Campground in the Town of Vernon.
The Big Bend/Vernon, Mukwonago, Tess Corners, Town of Waukesha and Tichigan fire departments responded to a call from the owner of the campground around 8 p.m. last night.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department Arson Investigation Team also responded.
Chief Phil Buchholtz with the BBVFD said that due to the amount of damage that occurred, the cause of the fire is undetermined. He said they initially thought there was a possibility that one of the vehicles stored in the garage could have started the fire, but that with the amount of damage, it was next to impossible to determine whether that was the case.
Multiple vehicles and sports vehicles were stored in the 40-by-60-foot garage, which was a total loss. The estimated damage is somewhere in between $250,000 and $300,000.
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts