Officials confirmed today that last night's fire on Craig Avenue destroyed a storage garage at Country View Campground in the Town of Vernon.
The Big Bend/Vernon, Mukwonago, Tess Corners, Town of Waukesha and Tichigan fire departments responded to a call from the owner of the campground around 8 p.m. last night.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department Arson Investigation Team also responded.
Chief Phil Buchholtz with the BBVFD said that due to the amount of damage that occurred, the cause of the fire is undetermined. He said they initially thought there was a possibility that one of the vehicles stored in the garage could have started the fire, but that with the amount of damage, it was next to impossible to determine whether that was the case.
Multiple vehicles and sports vehicles were stored in the 40-by-60-foot garage, which was a total loss. The estimated damage is somewhere in between $250,000 and $300,000.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts