Police have identified the 78-year-old Oconomowoc woman killed in a crash Sunday on Highway 16 as Helen F. Zibolski.
Zibolski was riding in her with her grandson, Andres F. Heckenkamp, 20, also of Oconomowoc driving when Heckenkamp lost control of the vehicle just west of Highway 83 and it rolled. Zibolski was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. Heckenkamp suffered non-lifethreatening injuries and said he does not remember the crash.
The two were heading home after attending two wakes of relatives Sunday. Police have ruled out alcohol or drugs as contributing factors and the matter will be sent to the district attorney's office for review however, charges aren't expected according to police.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts