Police have identified the 78-year-old Oconomowoc woman killed in a crash Sunday on Highway 16 as Helen F. Zibolski.
Zibolski was riding in her with her grandson, Andres F. Heckenkamp, 20, also of Oconomowoc driving when Heckenkamp lost control of the vehicle just west of Highway 83 and it rolled. Zibolski was not wearing her seatbelt and was thrown from the car. Heckenkamp suffered non-lifethreatening injuries and said he does not remember the crash.
The two were heading home after attending two wakes of relatives Sunday. Police have ruled out alcohol or drugs as contributing factors and the matter will be sent to the district attorney's office for review however, charges aren't expected according to police.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts