A few things come to mind when you hear the word "harvest", and they mostly revolve around food. And around this time of year, food is traditionally rich and satisfying--stews to keep you warm from the chill, baked goods to enjoy at family gatherings, and other tasty treats that are designed for comfort, not necessarily nutrition.
However, the Good Harvest Market in Pewaukee will prove that seasonal harvest fare can be good for you at their Harvest Health Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, featuring an organic cookout, a health fair, games, prizes and more.
Other "harvesty" events include:
- Homestead Animal Farm in Hartland will debut their annual creative corn maze, "Nellie Our Farm Dog", this weekend. The farm also features a petting zoo, pumpkins, gourds, and other seasonal items.
- Check out the emerging autumn colors along the rolling Kettle Moraine during the Community Run/Walk at Wales Community Park, 8 a.m. Saturday.
- St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot is hosting an Oktoberfest, with a pig and chicken roast, live polka music, a 50/50 raffle and more, 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Stock up on apples and apple pie at the Elegant Farmer's annual Autumn Harvest Festival, also featuring hayrides and pumpkin picking.
For more weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts