A few things come to mind when you hear the word "harvest", and they mostly revolve around food. And around this time of year, food is traditionally rich and satisfying--stews to keep you warm from the chill, baked goods to enjoy at family gatherings, and other tasty treats that are designed for comfort, not necessarily nutrition.
However, the Good Harvest Market in Pewaukee will prove that seasonal harvest fare can be good for you at their Harvest Health Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, featuring an organic cookout, a health fair, games, prizes and more.
Other "harvesty" events include:
- Homestead Animal Farm in Hartland will debut their annual creative corn maze, "Nellie Our Farm Dog", this weekend. The farm also features a petting zoo, pumpkins, gourds, and other seasonal items.
- Check out the emerging autumn colors along the rolling Kettle Moraine during the Community Run/Walk at Wales Community Park, 8 a.m. Saturday.
- St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot is hosting an Oktoberfest, with a pig and chicken roast, live polka music, a 50/50 raffle and more, 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Stock up on apples and apple pie at the Elegant Farmer's annual Autumn Harvest Festival, also featuring hayrides and pumpkin picking.
For more weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts