A few things come to mind when you hear the word "harvest", and they mostly revolve around food. And around this time of year, food is traditionally rich and satisfying--stews to keep you warm from the chill, baked goods to enjoy at family gatherings, and other tasty treats that are designed for comfort, not necessarily nutrition.
However, the Good Harvest Market in Pewaukee will prove that seasonal harvest fare can be good for you at their Harvest Health Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, featuring an organic cookout, a health fair, games, prizes and more.
Other "harvesty" events include:
- Homestead Animal Farm in Hartland will debut their annual creative corn maze, "Nellie Our Farm Dog", this weekend. The farm also features a petting zoo, pumpkins, gourds, and other seasonal items.
- Check out the emerging autumn colors along the rolling Kettle Moraine during the Community Run/Walk at Wales Community Park, 8 a.m. Saturday.
- St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot is hosting an Oktoberfest, with a pig and chicken roast, live polka music, a 50/50 raffle and more, 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Stock up on apples and apple pie at the Elegant Farmer's annual Autumn Harvest Festival, also featuring hayrides and pumpkin picking.
For more weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts