A few things come to mind when you hear the word "harvest", and they mostly revolve around food. And around this time of year, food is traditionally rich and satisfying--stews to keep you warm from the chill, baked goods to enjoy at family gatherings, and other tasty treats that are designed for comfort, not necessarily nutrition.
However, the Good Harvest Market in Pewaukee will prove that seasonal harvest fare can be good for you at their Harvest Health Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, featuring an organic cookout, a health fair, games, prizes and more.
Other "harvesty" events include:
- Homestead Animal Farm in Hartland will debut their annual creative corn maze, "Nellie Our Farm Dog", this weekend. The farm also features a petting zoo, pumpkins, gourds, and other seasonal items.
- Check out the emerging autumn colors along the rolling Kettle Moraine during the Community Run/Walk at Wales Community Park, 8 a.m. Saturday.
- St. Paul Parish in Genesee Depot is hosting an Oktoberfest, with a pig and chicken roast, live polka music, a 50/50 raffle and more, 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Stock up on apples and apple pie at the Elegant Farmer's annual Autumn Harvest Festival, also featuring hayrides and pumpkin picking.
For more weekend events, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts