Sussex Hamilton kicker Nathan Vannarom found the fourth time to be the charm Friday when his overtime field goal gave the Chargers a 10-7 win over West Allis Central.
Vannarom missed from 45 yards and 37 yards, then had a 39-yarder lined up at the end of regulation, but Central's Mike Westrich blocked the attempt.
In overtime, Hamilton defensive back Brian Gryszkiewicz intercepted a third-down pass in the corner of the end zone, and each of Hamilton's three standout running backs got a touch on the ensuing Chargers possession, leading into the Vannarom chip shot from 23 yards.
On two occasions, Hamilton saw touchdown runs erased by penalties, including a 44-yard run by Aaron Clinton-Earl. HHS (4-1) improved to 2-1 in the Greater Metro Conference. The team was playing without quarterback Kameron Cerroni, who tore his ACL last week in a loss to Menomonee Falls, and reigning conference Defensive Lineman of the Year Tyler Hust sustained an injury that held him out of the second half.
It wasn't Vannarom's first overtime game-winner -- he hit the clincher against Mukwonago earlier this year.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts