Local business owner and musician Ken Rhodee, 73, passed away Saturday, Sept. 26, at his home.
Rhodee, who was named Citizen of the Year by the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce in 2004, managed Rhodee Florist for the last 51 years , was an important part of the Oconomowoc American Legion Band and has served as its managed since 1978, and had his own band, the Ken Rhodee Orchestra. He marched in his first parade with the American Legion Band when he was 13 and every year thereafter.
Rhodee is survived by his wife, Judy, their four children, grandchildren and many other relatives and friends.
Visitation will be held at Pagenkopf Funeral Home on Wednesday Sept. 30, 2009, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m., and on Thursday, Oct. 1 at Dr. Martin Luther Church from 9 to 10 a.m. with a service immediately following. Memorials are suggested to Dr. Martin Luther Church or to the Oconomowoc Memorial Regional Cancer Center
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts