City of Oconomowoc Police confirmed they are investigating a murder that took place overnight in the 300 block of Maple Aveue.
Aiuthorities are not releasing the name of the female victim, who was found bound and stabbed multiple times.
The body was discovered by her live-in boyfriend.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the home, according to Chief Dave Beguhn. The child is now with family members.
"There is an ex-boyfriend we're trying to locate as a person of interest," the chief said.
The 39-year-old woman was involved in a contentious custody and support battle with the ex-boyfriend at the time of her death. Court records indicate she had sought a restraining order against the father of her child last year.
Police are processing the exterior of the residence and will continue with the interior of the home tomorrow.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007