City of Oconomowoc Police confirmed they are investigating a murder that took place overnight in the 300 block of Maple Aveue.
Aiuthorities are not releasing the name of the female victim, who was found bound and stabbed multiple times.
The body was discovered by her live-in boyfriend.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the home, according to Chief Dave Beguhn. The child is now with family members.
"There is an ex-boyfriend we're trying to locate as a person of interest," the chief said.
The 39-year-old woman was involved in a contentious custody and support battle with the ex-boyfriend at the time of her death. Court records indicate she had sought a restraining order against the father of her child last year.
Police are processing the exterior of the residence and will continue with the interior of the home tomorrow.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts