City of Oconomowoc Police confirmed they are investigating a murder that took place overnight in the 300 block of Maple Aveue.
Aiuthorities are not releasing the name of the female victim, who was found bound and stabbed multiple times.
The body was discovered by her live-in boyfriend.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the home, according to Chief Dave Beguhn. The child is now with family members.
"There is an ex-boyfriend we're trying to locate as a person of interest," the chief said.
The 39-year-old woman was involved in a contentious custody and support battle with the ex-boyfriend at the time of her death. Court records indicate she had sought a restraining order against the father of her child last year.
Police are processing the exterior of the residence and will continue with the interior of the home tomorrow.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts