City of Oconomowoc Police confirmed they are investigating a murder that took place overnight in the 300 block of Maple Aveue.
Aiuthorities are not releasing the name of the female victim, who was found bound and stabbed multiple times.
The body was discovered by her live-in boyfriend.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the home, according to Chief Dave Beguhn. The child is now with family members.
"There is an ex-boyfriend we're trying to locate as a person of interest," the chief said.
The 39-year-old woman was involved in a contentious custody and support battle with the ex-boyfriend at the time of her death. Court records indicate she had sought a restraining order against the father of her child last year.
Police are processing the exterior of the residence and will continue with the interior of the home tomorrow.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts