City of Oconomowoc Police confirmed they are investigating a murder that took place overnight in the 300 block of Maple Aveue.
Aiuthorities are not releasing the name of the female victim, who was found bound and stabbed multiple times.
The body was discovered by her live-in boyfriend.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the home, according to Chief Dave Beguhn. The child is now with family members.
"There is an ex-boyfriend we're trying to locate as a person of interest," the chief said.
The 39-year-old woman was involved in a contentious custody and support battle with the ex-boyfriend at the time of her death. Court records indicate she had sought a restraining order against the father of her child last year.
Police are processing the exterior of the residence and will continue with the interior of the home tomorrow.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts