An autopsy is scheduled for 9 a.m. today on the 39-year-old Oconomowoc woman who was found murdered in her home in the 300 block of Maple Street on Thursday morning.
Police responded to the scene after receiving a 911 call from the the cell phone of the woman's live-in boyfriend. The woman's bound body was discovered on the floor in the family room of the home.
The woman's 4-year-old son from a previous relationship was found, unharmed, inside the residence. Police do not think he witnessed the killing.
The woman's boyfriend arrived home to check on her when she did not show up for work. According to City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beghun, the woman had been stabbed multiple times and a knife thought to be the murder weapon was found outside the residence. There were no signs of forced entry to the home, and Beguhn said they do not suspect that the woman had been sexually assaulted.
The victim had been involved in a bitter custody and child support case with the child's father and sought a restraining order against the 41-year-old man last year. Beguhn said the man was in Texas on Thursday afternoon, but police are continuing to investigate his whereabouts before the crime.
"We have to do timelines that show where people where and what their relationships were. He's a person we're interested in," the Chief said.
Police are not releasing the name of the victim at this time.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts