A frustrating year for the Mukwonago football team continued Saturday when the winless Indians lost to Milwaukee Pius XI at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 32-26.
Thomas Mayhew capped a 63-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown scamper just before the final minute of the game, giving Pius the points it needed for victory. MHS fell to 0-6 and was eliminated from WIAA postseason contention.
The Indians took a 12-0 lead, bolstered by an early fumble recovery, and rode the momentum of a punt recovery late in the first half to grab a 20-17 halftime lead.
Darin Howell kicked two field goals, including one that gave MHS a 26-24 lead with 4:33 left in the game. Derek Hasanoglu ran for three touchdowns and 159 yards in a losing cause.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts