A frustrating year for the Mukwonago football team continued Saturday when the winless Indians lost to Milwaukee Pius XI at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 32-26.
Thomas Mayhew capped a 63-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown scamper just before the final minute of the game, giving Pius the points it needed for victory. MHS fell to 0-6 and was eliminated from WIAA postseason contention.
The Indians took a 12-0 lead, bolstered by an early fumble recovery, and rode the momentum of a punt recovery late in the first half to grab a 20-17 halftime lead.
Darin Howell kicked two field goals, including one that gave MHS a 26-24 lead with 4:33 left in the game. Derek Hasanoglu ran for three touchdowns and 159 yards in a losing cause.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts