A frustrating year for the Mukwonago football team continued Saturday when the winless Indians lost to Milwaukee Pius XI at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 32-26.
Thomas Mayhew capped a 63-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown scamper just before the final minute of the game, giving Pius the points it needed for victory. MHS fell to 0-6 and was eliminated from WIAA postseason contention.
The Indians took a 12-0 lead, bolstered by an early fumble recovery, and rode the momentum of a punt recovery late in the first half to grab a 20-17 halftime lead.
Darin Howell kicked two field goals, including one that gave MHS a 26-24 lead with 4:33 left in the game. Derek Hasanoglu ran for three touchdowns and 159 yards in a losing cause.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts