A frustrating year for the Mukwonago football team continued Saturday when the winless Indians lost to Milwaukee Pius XI at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 32-26.
Thomas Mayhew capped a 63-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown scamper just before the final minute of the game, giving Pius the points it needed for victory. MHS fell to 0-6 and was eliminated from WIAA postseason contention.
The Indians took a 12-0 lead, bolstered by an early fumble recovery, and rode the momentum of a punt recovery late in the first half to grab a 20-17 halftime lead.
Darin Howell kicked two field goals, including one that gave MHS a 26-24 lead with 4:33 left in the game. Derek Hasanoglu ran for three touchdowns and 159 yards in a losing cause.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts