A frustrating year for the Mukwonago football team continued Saturday when the winless Indians lost to Milwaukee Pius XI at Wisconsin Lutheran College, 32-26.
Thomas Mayhew capped a 63-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown scamper just before the final minute of the game, giving Pius the points it needed for victory. MHS fell to 0-6 and was eliminated from WIAA postseason contention.
The Indians took a 12-0 lead, bolstered by an early fumble recovery, and rode the momentum of a punt recovery late in the first half to grab a 20-17 halftime lead.
Darin Howell kicked two field goals, including one that gave MHS a 26-24 lead with 4:33 left in the game. Derek Hasanoglu ran for three touchdowns and 159 yards in a losing cause.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts