A free program, offered to residents of the Oconomowoc Area School District, will be held Thursday, Oct. 8 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Little Theater at Oconomowoc High School, 641 E. Forest Street.
The program, entitled 'Influencing Away From Substance Abuse', will feature Paul Zenisek, senior psychotherapist at Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Adolescent Substance Abuse Program.
Zenisek will speak about the substance abuse trends prevalent in our society today and discuss the warning signs and behaviors children may show when using alcohol and/or drugs. He will also talk about what role the family can play in reducing the risk of their child being involved with substance abuse.An open forum for questions will follow the presentation.
The program is sponsored by Oconomowoc Parent Education Network (OPEN) - GET CONNECTED, a district initiative designed to provide parents with opportunities to strengthen communication with their children and become engaged partners with schools. Funding and support of this program is provided by the United Way in Waukesha County “Helping Kids Succeed” initiative.
Please enter through the front doors of the High School and follow the signs to the Little Theater.
For questions, to pre-register or to reserve a free childcare spot, e-mail: angela.fisher.oasd.k12.wi.us
Fisher is a school counselor at Silver Lake Intermediate School and the AODA District Coordinator.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts