A free program, offered to residents of the Oconomowoc Area School District, will be held Thursday, Oct. 8 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Little Theater at Oconomowoc High School, 641 E. Forest Street.
The program, entitled 'Influencing Away From Substance Abuse', will feature Paul Zenisek, senior psychotherapist at Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Adolescent Substance Abuse Program.
Zenisek will speak about the substance abuse trends prevalent in our society today and discuss the warning signs and behaviors children may show when using alcohol and/or drugs. He will also talk about what role the family can play in reducing the risk of their child being involved with substance abuse.An open forum for questions will follow the presentation.
The program is sponsored by Oconomowoc Parent Education Network (OPEN) - GET CONNECTED, a district initiative designed to provide parents with opportunities to strengthen communication with their children and become engaged partners with schools. Funding and support of this program is provided by the United Way in Waukesha County “Helping Kids Succeed” initiative.
Please enter through the front doors of the High School and follow the signs to the Little Theater.
For questions, to pre-register or to reserve a free childcare spot, e-mail: angela.fisher.oasd.k12.wi.us
Fisher is a school counselor at Silver Lake Intermediate School and the AODA District Coordinator.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts