Although warm, sticky-sweet maple syrup conjures up images of maple leaves in full autumn luster, the popular tree sap treat is actually harvested in the spring. Nonetheless, fall seems like an appropriate time to have a bumper crop of pancake breakfasts in Lake Country, complete with generous supplies of syrup (real or flavored). Some of your pancake choices this weekend include:
- Check out safety presentations, demonstrations, tours and more along with breakfast at the Dousman Fire Station, 8 a.m. to noon Sunday.
- The Oconomowoc Fire Department is also hosting a pancake breakfast at their station, 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday. They will also have an apparatus display at the Oconomowoc K-Mart later on that day, from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Everyone is welcome to the annual Workcamp Pancake Breakfast at Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Parish in North Lake, 8 a.m. to noon Sunday.
Other food-related events of note include:
- The Delafield American Legion is hosting a Road Rally and Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday. The rally starts at 9:30 a.m. and dinner will be served at 5 p.m.
- Just because summer is long gone doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good chicken barbecue--check out the dinner event at the Bark River Yacht Club in Dousman, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Help benefit the Delafield Public Library during the "Booked for the Evening" wine tasting and art auction, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, at the Delafield Fish Hatchery.
For other weekend activities, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts