Although warm, sticky-sweet maple syrup conjures up images of maple leaves in full autumn luster, the popular tree sap treat is actually harvested in the spring. Nonetheless, fall seems like an appropriate time to have a bumper crop of pancake breakfasts in Lake Country, complete with generous supplies of syrup (real or flavored). Some of your pancake choices this weekend include:
- Check out safety presentations, demonstrations, tours and more along with breakfast at the Dousman Fire Station, 8 a.m. to noon Sunday.
- The Oconomowoc Fire Department is also hosting a pancake breakfast at their station, 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday. They will also have an apparatus display at the Oconomowoc K-Mart later on that day, from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Everyone is welcome to the annual Workcamp Pancake Breakfast at Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Parish in North Lake, 8 a.m. to noon Sunday.
Other food-related events of note include:
- The Delafield American Legion is hosting a Road Rally and Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday. The rally starts at 9:30 a.m. and dinner will be served at 5 p.m.
- Just because summer is long gone doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good chicken barbecue--check out the dinner event at the Bark River Yacht Club in Dousman, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Help benefit the Delafield Public Library during the "Booked for the Evening" wine tasting and art auction, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, at the Delafield Fish Hatchery.
For other weekend activities, check out the Weekend Happenings Blog on the homepage.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts