Hamilton's varsity football team was in control on Friday, rolling to a 41-19 Greater Metro Conference victory at Stan Grove Field against West Allis Hale.
The Chargers improved to 3-2 in league play with two games remainingg with the victory. Hamilton needs a win at home against Brookfield Central on Friday or at Hart Park on Oct. 21 against Wauwatosa East to qualify for the WIAA playoffs.
Senior Jacob Flegner scored on a 4-yard touchdown with six minutes remaining in the game. Nathan Vannarom's extra-point kick pushed Hamilton's lead to 41-6, which would have forced a running clock, but on the ensuing kickoff West Allis Hale Martin Shaw had a kickoff return for a touchdown.
Hamilton led 10-6 after junior Aaron Clinton-Earl had a 49 yard touchdown run to begin the second quarter.
At the half, the Chargers were in front 20-6.
"No doubt, we physically got beat up," Scott Otto, West Allis Hale's head coach said. "Menomonee Falls was up 41-0 on us at halftime earlier this season and we didn't get beat up like we did tonight."
The Huskies (2-3 in the GMC) lead 6-3 after the first quarter. Dan Sotiros tossed a 7-yard touchdown pass to Justin Przeracki for the Huskies' lone score until the fourth quarter.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts