Hamilton's varsity football team was in control on Friday, rolling to a 41-19 Greater Metro Conference victory at Stan Grove Field against West Allis Hale.
The Chargers improved to 3-2 in league play with two games remainingg with the victory. Hamilton needs a win at home against Brookfield Central on Friday or at Hart Park on Oct. 21 against Wauwatosa East to qualify for the WIAA playoffs.
Senior Jacob Flegner scored on a 4-yard touchdown with six minutes remaining in the game. Nathan Vannarom's extra-point kick pushed Hamilton's lead to 41-6, which would have forced a running clock, but on the ensuing kickoff West Allis Hale Martin Shaw had a kickoff return for a touchdown.
Hamilton led 10-6 after junior Aaron Clinton-Earl had a 49 yard touchdown run to begin the second quarter.
At the half, the Chargers were in front 20-6.
"No doubt, we physically got beat up," Scott Otto, West Allis Hale's head coach said. "Menomonee Falls was up 41-0 on us at halftime earlier this season and we didn't get beat up like we did tonight."
The Huskies (2-3 in the GMC) lead 6-3 after the first quarter. Dan Sotiros tossed a 7-yard touchdown pass to Justin Przeracki for the Huskies' lone score until the fourth quarter.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts