Hamilton's varsity football team was in control on Friday, rolling to a 41-19 Greater Metro Conference victory at Stan Grove Field against West Allis Hale.
The Chargers improved to 3-2 in league play with two games remainingg with the victory. Hamilton needs a win at home against Brookfield Central on Friday or at Hart Park on Oct. 21 against Wauwatosa East to qualify for the WIAA playoffs.
Senior Jacob Flegner scored on a 4-yard touchdown with six minutes remaining in the game. Nathan Vannarom's extra-point kick pushed Hamilton's lead to 41-6, which would have forced a running clock, but on the ensuing kickoff West Allis Hale Martin Shaw had a kickoff return for a touchdown.
Hamilton led 10-6 after junior Aaron Clinton-Earl had a 49 yard touchdown run to begin the second quarter.
At the half, the Chargers were in front 20-6.
"No doubt, we physically got beat up," Scott Otto, West Allis Hale's head coach said. "Menomonee Falls was up 41-0 on us at halftime earlier this season and we didn't get beat up like we did tonight."
The Huskies (2-3 in the GMC) lead 6-3 after the first quarter. Dan Sotiros tossed a 7-yard touchdown pass to Justin Przeracki for the Huskies' lone score until the fourth quarter.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts